Monday, March 14, 2011

You light up my life....come see...

My lantern....Spring blooms...What a project this was....I used some wild orchid flowers where i entered into their challenge which is to use die cuts. I used my MS cut for the leaves and a butterfly punch I had from Joann's not sure of brand. I layered it twice and added wire to give it the flying motion.
I also went green ( recycle) the clear plastic in the windows...it was the covering of my cutting board. See I save everything...lol

I used a freebie image that I found on the net...and then layered it onto DP and CS and distressed the edges. Don't forget that I inked alot with Chalk in yellow.
I could not find my battery operated tealight...so just for the picture to give you an idea of what it would look like I stuck in a real one...(DO NOT LIGHT A REAL ONE...IT IS PAPER AND PLASTIC) Can you say Fire hazard?
Made this for all that flutter with Getting cricky with KAndrew
You can find the template that a blogger passed onto me...
Go here. Also entered into challenge...yellows, greens, and blossom pinks over at: http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/.

I sure hope you like my lantern....I am sure pleased with it.
Took alot of time and of course I swayed from the directions...
It was an oops really...I did the windows side by side instead of every other.
I do love it turned out though.
Make sure if you make one you let me know...would love to see it!
Hugs...
Tammy

I had a nice day inside today...because yesterday I had an outdoor day and lets just say I am the color (red). Tomorrow is physicals for 3 of the 4 boys...then a bonfire tomorrow evening.
Bye for now.
Entered into march everyday crafting: http://tinkerplanet.blogspot.com/


PLEASE DO NOT FORGET MY 250 FOLLOWERS GIVEAWAY....RIGHT SIDEBAR.
THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!
I've also entered this project into my favorite things challenge
over at Paper Issues. One of my favorite things to work with is flowers...and antique images.







24 comments:

  1. wow this is beautiful great job on this so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy it's gorgeous chum, I love all your lovely flower detail and the image and colours are beautiful, I would never had noticed the window beside each other only for you saying chum a super make love it, hope you are well my friend Lots Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow its absolutely fabulous . I love it.. worth all the effort
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! love all the flowers and great paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lantern! I love the colors. Great recycling.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Tammie--this is absolutely beautiful--how creative! I love the images, the color palette and the uniqueness of this piece.
    As always beautiful job.
    Thank you soooo much for playing in my Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful,love it...Thank you for your visit and lovely comment...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Wanted to stop in an meet some of the hopper girls. I am so sorry I have not visited before today. Life gets in my way something...but hey on the bright side, I am alive though.

    Can't wait to see what everyone makes this weekend. I am working on mine. I need to think of something to make for sunday too


    Chris
    htt://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love this!!!! How adorable!!!

    Wishing you a great day and thanks for the love that you left me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!!!! So beautiful! I have a border punch give away on my blog. Come check it out! www.cricutology.blogspot.com I'm your newest follower;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely! you are so darned creative :) i love looking at your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Monring Tammy

    Wow, what a wonderful creation, I'm lost for words.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Stampalot chellenge, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi thre this is fabulous and such a lot of work, so very special.
    Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge Hugs Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A creative and pretty creation. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful spring creation, with perfect colours for our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow its just gorgeous Tammy, love the images you have used. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  17. cricky! I don't just like it, I LOVE IT!! chalking, flowers, vintage papers-yum!!

    Kate Blue (Paper Issues Team Paper)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh MY WORD is this amazing! What a STUNNING creation hun! Thanks so much for blessing us with your presence at WOC for this challenge! Your work is stunning!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning and beautiful creation

    Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is amazing Tammy ... so beautiful and elegant xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the sweet comments...thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...