Monday, November 1, 2010

A yummy container

I wanted to make a fun and yummy container for Chocolate powered Chex yummies I like to make at Christmas time. These are perfect gift ideas for friends and family. I used recycled (GO GREEN) flavored water containers...Example, Crystal Light, Walmart brand or Wylers. Clean them from outside and inside. Easy....1.2.3.
Then I used my cricut to cut out the tag form. Used my Design paper to cut the next layer and then used my computer to generate my saying..(Printmaster has all my fonts). Printed that on Vellum. I sewing machine stitched the three layers together. Using my icicle punch on top.
Next, I used my hot chocolate MS punch and added white puff paint to make it look like whip cream on top. Neat effect...
Then for the flower on top (black and white with red button) I used my punch for the follow cutting out black ones and white ones and interlocked them. Also, my MS punch for the button and embroidery thread to make the button look sewn on.
Red Ribbon to attach the tag with a glue dot to keep it in place. I then used DP to cover the container and used a fancy edge scissors where the paper came together.
There you have it.
I will fill these with with Chex mix or Powered Chocolate Chex that I like to make around Christmas time.


Let me know what you think of my idea. I am really happy with the way they turned out. You never know what you can think of. Me- I love trying to recycle and go green with projects.
Have a great week.
Be blessed!!
smiles...Tammy


10 comments:

  1. such a cute project ;) great job! Thank you for playing with us this week on our anything goes challenge at craft your passion! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love recycled projects, such a great gift idea, and fun tags. Wish I was on your list...Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge. this week. Hope to have you join us again for more challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooooooooo fun! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE these! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these are just great hun yummy too hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what fun ! i have no idea what chex is but i guess its hot chocolate.
    LOve the idea of using a recycled container too
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely adorable and so are you! what a great blog!
    I love the puff paint trick too--as a matter of fact, I'm doing a tutorial on that soon!
    Okay I really need to know the chocolate chex recipe! yum!

    all the cricky best,
    kandrew

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're soooooo crafty now. I don't have any time yet.... TAlk next week hugs sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are these......SUPER CUTE!!! What a great idea!!!

    Wishing you a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy these are so adorable hun! Such a fabulous gift too! Great work hun and thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the sweet comments...thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...